- Researching information to post on AMCS blog relating to project based learning and experiential education
- Manage blog posts
- Develop strategy to gain wider audience for blog
- Manage twitter account
- Time Commitments: four hours per week
- Assist AMCS in the implementation of its fund development plan
- Assist in organizing AMCS' Trivia Night and Charter Party/Auction.
- Send follow-up letters thanking donors for their donations.
- Record donations in AMCS' donor database
- Time commitment: 20 hours per month for two months
- Research grants for which AMCS would be a strong candidate
- Create a grant timeline for all grants
- Create template for grants and rough drafts for ED to provide feedback
- Implement feedback
- Submit grant in a timely fashion
- Time commitment: at least 20 hours per month (prefer a semester long internship)
Marketing/graphic artist support:
- Use existing communications materials to develop new graphics-based marketing material.
- Create marketing materials for the following audiences: legislative, potential and existing donors, public support/public relations, prospective staff, prospective students/parents.
- Manage weekly email blasts to AMCS’ listserv in consultation with the ED.
- Organize monthly “meet and greet” information for parents about AMCS
- Develop relationships with businesses/restaurants to host the events
- Work with the marketing committee to develop mechanisms to get the word out about the events
- Work with the parent group to organize “kid-friendly” events targeted at meeting enrollment
- Develop relationships with restaurants for fundraising opportunities
- Time commitment: 10 hours per week. Prefer a semester long internship.
- Assist the AMCS curriculum committee in developing and compiling its curriculum into a format that is acceptable by DESE in preparation for the submission of its charter application
- Must be familiar with the Understanding by Design curriculum framework, or another inquiry based curricular approach
- Time commitment: 3-4 hours per week
- Prefer a graduate student in education
- Research and make recommendations on the costs of a variety of potential contracts for AMCS. Needs in this area are constantly changing.
- Detail all the costs, hours, and contact people associated with each contract.
- Time commitment: 10 hours per week
Human Resources - Performance Pay:
- Research performance pay systems that other schools use and make a recommendation for AMCS.
- Develop a list of places/fairs to recruit teachers with our set of qualification including registration fees and deadlines.
- Develop a process and an excel document to track applications so we know who is in what phase of the application process.
- develop a scheduling process to ensure that all raters/judges and applicants are aware of the schedule.